squeg

Postby squeg » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:24 am

Still running Awasu Advanced edition 2.0 (because I have to find and download several different versions in order to get the lastest build to run and i'm lazy).

I've recently noticed that several entries on my workpad are displaying the wrong channel as their source. For instance, i have news articles claiming to orginate from a webscraped comic only page.

I'm not sure if all the bad references happened at once, or if they've been occuring over time. I do know that several of the items with incorrect sources on the workpad still exist in their orginating channel, so it's not a matter of the software "forgetting."

It is possible that all of the mislabled items come from channels created from plugins (webscrape and combine feeds), but i cannot conirm this for certain. This could be related to a synchronization warning I get about some of the plugin based channels.

Code: Select all

Missing sync GUID: Channels/awasucombinefeeds_exe.channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/webscrape_exe (3).channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/www_gamespot_com.channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/www_joyoftech_com.channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/awasucombinefeeds_exe.channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/webscrape_exe (3).channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/www_gamespot_com.channel
Missing sync GUID: Channels/www_joyoftech_com.channel

Actually, i know the last item in that list was a perfectly normal, non-plugin channel that i created and then deleted. So these warning are probably related to something not getting cleaned up on channel deletion.

Unfortunately, that's not a ton of info to go on. I just thought i'd toss out a heads up in case anyone else had experience a similar issue. It's not exactly a showstopper, though. I'll let you know if i come up with any further clues on what's causing this.

topeju

Postby topeju » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:54 am

squeg wrote:Still running Awasu Advanced edition 2.0

Me too.

I've recently noticed that several entries on my workpad are displaying the wrong channel as their source. For instance, i have news articles claiming to orginate from a webscraped comic only page.

This bit I don't understand - my workpad doesn't show any source channels, just the URLs I've added to it. Or are we referring to totally different items?

However, the last part of your post:

Missing sync GUID: Channels/{hostname}.channel

does ring true. I get this message for one channel only when loading the sync data. The channel in question is not produced by a plugin, and it at least seems to contain all the items it should (and only those). So I can't see anything wrong with my Awasu, only that single warning.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:51 am

topeju wrote:This bit I don't understand - my workpad doesn't show any source channels, just the URLs I've added to it. Or are we referring to totally different items?

If you add items to the workpad from a channel's item pane, those items will "remember" what channel they came from. If you add them via IE's context menu, no channel will be associated with them.

topeju wrote:However, the last part of your post:

Missing sync GUID: Channels/{hostname}.channel

does ring true. I get this message for one channel only when loading the sync data. The channel in question is not produced by a plugin, and it at least seems to contain all the items it should (and only those). So I can't see anything wrong with my Awasu, only that single warning.

Each .CHANNEL file should contain a ChannelGuid key (in the [Config] section). The most likely cause of this error message is an empty (or almost empty) .CHANNEL file on the other machine that is confusing the sync loader. Older versions of Awasu may have contained a bug that caused these files to appear - they are left over from a previously-deleted channel. Just delete the bogus .CHANNEL file and everything should be OK.

BTW, the problems that squeg reported have been fixed and will be released as part of the next beta. Email me if you'd to try it out.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”