Okay, i finally decided to go ahead and run through the various upgrades to get to the latest alpha from the stable 2.0 release. It was a bit of a rough road, but I finally got everything running right up to alpha 2.
Alpha 3, unfortunately, has UI bugs I can't seem to correct. It's handling the menu bar/caption bar/tool bars very poorly. I'll probably have to email you some screenshots to make it clear what's going on.
1. immediately after upgrading to alpha 3, my menu bar vanished. It's not docked somewhere wierd (like it was when i moved to alpha 2). Instead it appears to be pushed up underneath the title bar for the main application. Tool bars and caption bar, at this stage look fine, but there's a blank line where the menu bar should be.
2. I attemp to correct this by moving everying around on the screen repeatedly, with no real improvement. Finally i run the resetUI utility. The menu bar comes back, but now I can't see my toolbars. They've been placed underneath the menu bar.
3. I can drag the toolbars out from underneath the menu bar and undock them, but when I do, the caption bar dissappears (slides up?).
4. It is possible to "stack" toolbars. the first toolbar placed, hides under the menu bar, but pushes the caption bar back where it belongs. I can then place a second toolbar underneath the first. This one creats a new "line" for the toolbar allowing me to see it and the caption bar, but not the original toolbar that's stuck under the menu.
5. On a more than likely completely unrelated note, i get some message about the "black box and an code of 10000000 when I run the archivemaintenance utility.
I remember someone posted that a previous alpha version was using an older commondlg dll. Did you by chance update that dll for the latest alpha?
Anyway, alpha 2 seems to work for me... i'll go back to that one. And I will mail a couple of screenshots to you to help explain what's happening over here.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests