squeg

Postby squeg » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:50 am

I've been running into a problem with the alpha's that didn't occur in 2.0. As i said before, I use the workpad a lot. Additionally, I synch it, along with with everything else between my work and home PC's. Since installing the alpha's (i'm using the build of alpha 3 you mailed me) the workpad report has had problems.

Certain items on the list show up as,

Code: Select all

{%ITEM-TITLE-FORMATTED%}
{%ITEM-DESCRIPTION%}

in my workpad reports. Originally, in alpha 2, i think, the problem was just with the description, but now it's also happening with the title as well.

My original assessment was that items added to the workpad before the update were messed up, but that new items were fine. However, it now seems that the issue may be related to the synchronization process. It appears that items added to the workpad on one machine remain correct on that machine, but may become corrupted on the target machine when syncing. However, after syncing back to the original machine they are again legible.

Now, I'm not 100% on this. It's my latest theory after this evening's sync process. I'll have to do more testing to be certain. I can definitely confirm however, that some items on the workpad report, are listing titles and descriptions for things that are not actually on my workpad.

I should also clarify that the workpad panel seems to work fine through all of this. It displays what i think it should be displaying and sync's perfectly between machines. It is only the reports generated from the workpad that i'm having problems with.

I will keep watching this behavior and try and fill in any details I might have missed. Let me know if you need further clarification.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:47 am

I finally got some time to take a look at this one - sorry for the delay. After staring blankly at the code for an extended period of time, it finally occured to me what's causing this - your description of the problem is correct and Workpad reports can indeed sometimes show the wrong content (or not at all). Although you should be seeing the wrong content in the Workpad itself, not just reports.

It's going to be a bit tricky to fix but I'll get it in for 2.0.2.alpha5. Sync is so tricky now... :-(

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”