mike

Postby mike » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:26 am

help please!!
I have installed service pack 2 for XP and Awasu loads up fine, but I cannot get it to update any of the channels. Is this merely a bug with the version I am using (2.0.0) or is it to do with the changed nature of internet explorer under xp sp2,which seems to be blocking Awasu?

squeg

Postby squeg » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:30 pm

I haven't tried SP2 yet, but you should look into the personal firewall settings. SP2 enables the firewall and some stiffer security settings by default when you turn it on. You might see if you can temporarily disable the firewall and then try updating awasu. If it works, then there should be some configuration that can be done to allow the firewall and awasu to run.... probably opening some ports or giving the awasu exe some special permissions.

Anyway, that's just a guess, but it's something to try while you wait for taka to get a copy of SP2 and see what broke. :)

dgnc

Postby dgnc » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:13 pm

I'm running XP Pro SP2 with Awasu 2.03 AE and finding no update problems or any other SP2 related problems with Awasu. I do have the SP2 firewall enabled with the default settings

David

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:17 am

mike wrote: I have installed service pack 2 for XP and Awasu loads up fine, but I cannot get it to update any of the channels.

A few people have reported this only to find that it suddenly started working again :? :roll: It doesn't seem to be related specifically to SP2. Can you manually update channels or update all?

mike

Postby mike » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:46 am

Thanks for your replies everyone-awasu does seem to be working now with service pack 2. I didn't have the Windows firewall on before so it wasn't that, but anyway whatever it was, thanks again!

squeg

Postby squeg » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:18 pm

support wrote:A few people have reported this only to find that it suddenly started working again :? :roll: It doesn't seem to be related specifically to SP2.

Ah, then it's obviously the the "burn in" delay. That's the time it takes for the AI agents buried deep inside SP2 to completely take over your system, proclaim it Microsoft Territory, and silence any applications that might be deemed "disruptive" to the "universal peace."

You have been assimilated. Please carry on, citizen. :twisted:

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:30 am

squeg wrote:Ah, then it's obviously the the "burn in" delay. That's the time it takes for the AI agents buried deep inside SP2 to completely take over your system, proclaim it Microsoft Territory, and silence any applications that might be deemed "disruptive" to the "universal peace."

Ssshhh..... Don't want to scare the natives :wink:

Magic Speller

Postby Magic Speller » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:50 am

I've been intending to post about this same problem for some time. I finally got around to it tonight, and discovered this thread.

None of my channels are updating automatically. I have to do it manually, which works fine.

I am running SP2, but I hadn't made the association, and I'm not sure there's a connection.

I've been running 2.0.2AE and am about to install 2.0.3. I don't expect a change, but we'll see....
Keith

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”