sbronstein

Postby sbronstein » Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:51 am

And related to my previous posting (Windows XP Standby issue), I cannot get the Notiification balloons to go away. I have unchecked 'Notification Baloons', which one would imagine would mean that I wouldn't ever see them, however whenever there is an error, I see a balloon.

I suspect that I speak for many users when I say that I really don't want to be interrupted by Awasu to hear that it can't access a feed. When I want to look at my RSS feeds, I am happy to discover the problem then. So it's really important that I be able to turn off all balloons. Those who want to know when there's a problem can of course keep the balloons turned on.

I think you shoud name the checkbox better as well, perhaps 'Show Notification Balloons' instead of just 'Notification Balloons'.

Thanks again for the great work to date!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:12 am

sbronstein wrote:I suspect that I speak for many users when I say that I really don't want to be interrupted by Awasu to hear that it can't access a feed.

Yep. Somebody else has already said the same thing and I have already put something in place. Notification balloons can now be in one of three states: enabled, errors only or totally disabled. This will be available in the next beta release.

sbronstein wrote:Thanks again for the great work to date!

Thanks. Glad you like it :-)

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:59 pm

sbronstein wrote:And related to my previous posting (Windows XP Standby issue), I cannot get the Notiification balloons to go away. I have unchecked 'Notification Baloons', which one would imagine would mean that I wouldn't ever see them, however whenever there is an error, I see a balloon.

I suspect that I speak for many users when I say that I really don't want to be interrupted by Awasu to hear that it can't access a feed. When I want to look at my RSS feeds, I am happy to discover the problem then. So it's really important that I be able to turn off all balloons. Those who want to know when there's a problem can of course keep the balloons turned on.

I think you shoud name the checkbox better as well, perhaps 'Show Notification Balloons' instead of just 'Notification Balloons'.

Thanks again for the great work to date!

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”