mitnors

Postby mitnors » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:42 pm

My Channels disappeared when I pressed ctrl-f. I can't seem to get them to display. I ran ResetUi.exe, which didn't help. I also ran ChannelMaintenance.exe, which showed all my channels, but didn't help get them to display on the Awasu GUI. The Control Center shows (0/23). I added a new channel to see if that would help. The channel got added (0/24), but My Channels is still completely blank.

mitnors

Postby mitnors » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:44 pm

Forgot to add that I was running 2.03. I uninstalled Awasu then reinstalled 2.0 and My Channels still don't display.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:59 am

mitnors wrote:The Control Center shows (0/23). I added a new channel to see if that would help. The channel got added (0/24), but My Channels is still completely blank.

It sounds like you have a channel filter active. These are used to filter out and show only certain channels in the My Channels window. The clue is the "0/24" indicator; this means showing 0 out of 24 channels.

Open the Channel Filters dialog (View | Channel filters) and choose the 'All' filter and your channels will be visible again. You probably had a filter active that was filtering out every channel, hence you weren't seeing anything.

abwilson

Postby abwilson » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:06 am

You might try selecting "Channel filters..." under the View menu.

Once the "Organize channel filters" dialog opens, select All, then click the Apply button. Does this make all your channels appear again?

abwilson

Postby abwilson » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:11 am

Taka answered before I finished mine. Oh, well... :)

mitnors

Postby mitnors » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:00 pm

Thanks! It was the channel filters. I must have originally also had the shift held down too. A feature request is to add something in the Control Center that shows the channels are being filtered when they are.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:09 am

mitnors wrote:A feature request is to add something in the Control Center that shows the channels are being filtered when they are.

That's kinda what the 0/24 is :-)

I know it can be disconcerting to have all your channels mysteriously disappear. The Control Centre is going to be rewritten soon and will include a droplist at the top showing the currently active filter plus a button that brings up the filter dialog.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”