View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Post Minor UI issues
Using Awasu Advanced Edition 2.0.5 beta, although these minor bugs have been present since at least 2.0.

I run Awasu from the system tray, and normally keep the window maximized whenever it is in use. Otherwise, the window is closed/minimized to the systray. The item pane is not set to be automatically hidden.

1. Sometimes clicking on an item in the item pane causes the Awasu window to be restored (i.e. un-maximized). I've not been able to distinguish any sort of pattern as to why or when this happens, I'm afraid.

2. On opening the Awasu window from the system tray, the control center is 0 pixels wide and I have to drag it back to proper width. This only happens when synchronization (either save or load) has been triggered externally while the Awasu window is in the system tray, so I doubt it's affecting many users. :-)

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:09 am
Profile ICQ

I see 2. very frequently, but I am not using synchronization at all.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:43 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Minor UI issues
topeju wrote:
1. Sometimes clicking on an item in the item pane causes the Awasu window to be restored (i.e. un-maximized). I've not been able to distinguish any sort of pattern as to why or when this happens, I'm afraid.

This used to be a problem but I fixed it ages ago and haven't seen it for a long time. Is it happening often?

topeju wrote:
2. On opening the Awasu window from the system tray, the control center is 0 pixels wide and I have to drag it back to proper width. This only happens when synchronization (either save or load) has been triggered externally while the Awasu window is in the system tray, so I doubt it's affecting many users. :-)

This has been on The List for ages :-) I'll bump it up the queue. 2.1 is code complete so it'll have to wait for the next beta (which will be all UI changes anyway).

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:34 am
Profile WWW

support wrote:
topeju wrote:
1. Sometimes clicking on an item in the item pane causes the Awasu window to be restored (i.e. un-maximized).

This used to be a problem but I fixed it ages ago and haven't seen it for a long time. Is it happening often?

Hmm, less than once a day. It occurred just before I posted the message, but I don't think I've seen it since. I'd be hard pressed to tell exactly when it happened prior to the last time, but it was less than a week ago, most likely. One reason I upgraded to 2.0.5 was to be able to see whether it had already been fixed before I reported it. :-)

It's really such a minor inconvenience that I tend to forget it has occurred as soon as I've re-maximized the window.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:59 pm
Profile ICQ

support wrote:
topeju wrote:

This has been on The List for ages :-) I'll bump it up the queue. 2.1 is code complete so it'll have to wait for the next beta (which will be all UI changes anyway).

This is apparently still present in 2.1.1beta. Still not a high priority issue, just the one that annoys me "most" (which, by the way, is a compliment: if even half the programs I have to use had as few and mild annoyances as Awasu does, I'd be a very happy camper. :D )

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:36 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

topeju wrote:
This is apparently still present in 2.1.1beta. Still not a high priority issue, just the one that annoys me "most"

I did look at this again for the 2.1.1 beta and it's being caused by the third-party GUI toolkit we use. I didn't fix it because 1) it would be insanely tricky to do and 2) I've been trialling their latest version and the problem seems to have gone away. The 2.1.2 beta will include this new version.

I'm also hoping it will fix the problem of toolbars forgetting where they're supposed to be, etc.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]