View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Post ERROR1
Lately when I've been syncing my home machine (Win98SE), I get the following balloon error message on each channel:

Can't update the feed
ERROR1: InputStream read past EOF

Can't find anything on it by searching in forum. What is error and is there any way to avoid/fix it?

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:07 am
Site Admin

Post Re: ERROR1
Anonymous wrote:
Can't update the feed
ERROR1: InputStream read past EOF

This error is being caused by problems updating the search index. Running ArchiveMaintenance and rebuilding it should clear the problem.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:08 am
Profile WWW

I have this error as well and ran admin.exe (2.2.5 Pro). Let's hope it will stay away because I got for the most channels like ten balloons telling me
"Can't update the feed
ERROR1: InputStream read past EOF " While it was updating without problems.

What causes this error? Maybe I played to much with the plug-ins, because I noticed that sometimes if your testing a lot that you need to delete the channel and set it up again to see what the plug-in really does. :P

BTW: What is the difference between rebuilding and Optimizing in admin.exe?

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:52 am
Site Admin

What causes this error? Maybe I played to much with the plug-ins, because I noticed that sometimes if your testing a lot that you need to delete the channel and set it up again to see what the plug-in really does.

It's a corruption in the search index.

You can have multiple installations of Awasu (although only one of them can be running at any given time) so it's not a bad idea to have one just for developing plugins. If you are using 2.2.5 or later, it's important to read these notes for important information on how to stop multiple installations from interfering with each other.

diabloNL wrote:
BTW: What is the difference between rebuilding and Optimizing in admin.exe?

Optimizing cleans up (basically defrags) the archive database (all your .DB files). These store all your archived content, which items have been read, workpad items, etc. The search index is stored in files in the Index sub-directory and rebuilding it deletes all these files and recreates it from your archived content (handy in event of a corruption :-)). More info here.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:39 am
Profile WWW

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]