View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Post Problem with Install - Can't Sniff old version
I'm doing a clean install on a new computer and getting an error "Can't Sniff for an old version of Awasu.

Please Help

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:18 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Problem with Install - Can't Sniff old version
Bart Meredith wrote:
I'm doing a clean install on a new computer and getting an error "Can't Sniff for an old version of Awasu.

The installer tries to find Awasu data files on your computer (so that it knows how to upgrade them) and this error happens if something goes wrong during this process.

If you're sure Awasu has never been run on this computer, can you please try this:
(*) Create the directory you're going to install to (by default, <tt>C:\Program Files\Awasu</tt>). Let me know if it's already there (it shouldn't be).
(*) Run the installer (it should warn you that the directory already exists). Let me know exactly when you get this error (I'm guessing it's after you choose where to install Awasu and click on Next).
(*) In the installation directory, you will find a file called <tt>upgrade.log</tt>. Email this file to me at support@awasu.com

Also let us know what version of Windows you are running and what edition of Awasu you are trying to install.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]