View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Post DLL not found
I have installed Awasu 2.1.3 Beta over the top of 2.1.2 and it says that the dynamic link library BCGCBPRO730u.dll cannot be found in the specified path.

The install directory contains a BcgCbPro671u.dll dll.

Mark Morgan.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: DLL not found
You always need to check the installation instructions for each beta/alpha. It's not always a case of just unpacking a zip. In the case of 2.1.2, you need to unpack a second zip file and also run ArchiveMaintenance.exe.

The fact that you've installed 2.1.3 on top already shouldn't cause any problems. Just unpack the second zip file, run ArchiveMaintenance and you should be right to go with 2.1.3.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:29 am
Profile WWW

Thanks. It is all working now. It looks link I wasn't actually running 2.1.2 before the install even though I thought I was up to date!

Mark.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

markmorgan wrote:
It looks like I wasn't actually running 2.1.2 before the install even though I thought I was up to date!

I guess you're not installing for the new features, then :lol: :roll:

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:49 am
Profile WWW

I'm hoping the new version will stop it hitting 100% CPU untilisation occasionally and the several-second blank windows you get from time to time.

The release notes suggest these are fixed. :D

Mark

Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

markmorgan wrote:
I'm hoping the new version will stop it hitting 100% CPU untilisation occasionally and the several-second blank windows you get from time to time.

The most likely culprit is the search engine. Updating the index is a real CPU and disk hog so the first thing to try is to either disable the search index or defer updates to off-peak times.

If you still see this happening, check the Activity Log to see if anything is happening at that time (e.g. auto-generated reports require the computer to work pretty hard). A copy of the log can be found in your user's Logs sub-directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Awaus\Users\YOUR-NAME\Logs\AwasuActivity.log).

Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]