Bubi

Postby Bubi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:17 pm

With the .ini-file AOPA.ini (unchanged) in Awasu 2.4 + WebScrape 1.30b I get the following results:

In:
c:\Programme\Internet\Awasu\ChannelPlugins\WebScrape\.cache\007d3ad6a20b2988cc867503ade82946
about 40 kB

In:
c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\awasu104.html
about 10,5 KB (incl. all relevant links)

In:
c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\awasu113.txt

with nothing else than:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<rss version="2.0">
<channel>
<generator>Scrape Web page and convert to RSS, by Allan B. Wilson; abwilson@awasu.com</generator>
<title>AOPA News</title>
<link>http://www.aopa.org</link>
<description>RSS news extracted from Web page</description>
</channel>
</rss>

Whats wrong with the *.ini or the other configuration - earlier versions of Awasu/Webscrape did work ...

tx, bb

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:21 am

The INI files specify the structure of the HTML page being scraped and how to extract the information of interest out of it. The AOPA file was written quite a long time ago and the HTML page has almost certainly changed since then, so WebScrape is no longer able to get at the necessary info.

I'll take a look at it and update the INI file...

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:23 am

Yup, the page layout had changed quite considerably :-)

There's an updated config file on the wiki. Just open up your existing <tt>AOPA.INI</tt> file in Notepad and replace the contents with what's here.

Bubi

Postby Bubi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 am

Tx, yes thats it! So I have to rework some of my sources ...

Btw: Adblocking in IEx (and other browsers as well): admuncher - a quite efficient addon for my daily Awasu use! bb

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”