View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Post workpad issues
I love workpads. I love them more now that you've introduced multiple workpads... but they're not behaving very nicely.

I can add things to them just fine. I can dock them, set them to auto-hide etc. But quite frequently both opening items on the workpad and removing single items from the workpad cause the pad to close completely removing it from the dock, etc. I'm forced to go to the workpad dialog and reoppen the workpad every time I interact with a workpad item, and that is quite frustrating. I can set up hotkeys of course, to lessen the pain, but i'd really like it to stay docked.

This is happening on both home and work PC's, both running xp pro.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:57 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Post Re: workpad issues
squeg wrote:
But quite frequently both opening items on the workpad and removing single items from the workpad cause the pad to close completely removing it from the dock, etc.

I daresay this is happening because you've probably got Auto-hide workpads turned on :-)

Open the Program Options dialog, go to the Display tab, click on Workpads.

Another option that should probably have been off by default. Sigh... :roll:

Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

My mistake. I was just about to write back saying i'd figured this out. The option WAS off by default. (oops) But i'd turned it on thinking it did something other than what it does. Lesson: don't dork with the default settings until you figure out what they do.

Thanks for your patience.

---- edit

Another reinstall reveals that auto-hiding workpads was indeed a default option. Auto-showing them is not. Though I'm sure you knew that, I just wanted to correct the information I wrote above to prevent confusion.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:09 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]