kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:00 am

I should have posted sooner...

jerrymartin wrote:... delayed reaction. Hey Kev, I didn't want you and Taka to be the only ones that get to be impressed with themselves. I'll tell you what though, writing your own xml/rss/atom/html parser isn't fun.

I haven't done to much impressive except write in these forums, I need to buckle down and get some code written. Now writing your own xml/rss/atom/html parser that's impressive! ::-):

I've tried most of the new APIs with basic parameters and all perform as advertized, including the Channel List, but I'm testing it on my USB drive installation where I only have about 15 Channels. Jerry, if you were testing these from your browser's address bar, your browser may have had trouble rendering the XML for 600+ channels. Curl and Wget are two nice command-line utilities you can use to test HTTP calls you can always pipe the output to a file if you don't want it racing past your terminal screen.

Taka, I did notice that the Search API wasn't included in the update API page. Is a Search API still on the horizon? No bug rush as you've given me a lot to work with already. Thanks! :bow:

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:38 am

kevotheclone wrote:I did notice that the Search API wasn't included in the update API page. Is a Search API still on the horizon?

Absolutely but it's a fair amount of work in itself since the existing search code will have to be reworked to support it so the plain is to deliver everything else as the first stage, then do search. New build coming a few days...

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”