virla

Postby virla » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Dear Sir,
I need your help to creat Hook for my application using c++/c# .
My need is to get new feed from subscribed link automaticaly and notify my application regarding new feed arrived and provide data in a xml formate so plz provide me some example code to get all new feed using Awasu.

Thanks in advance

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 am

If you look in the ChannelHooks sub-directory under where Awasu is installed, you will find a sample channel hook called LogChannelActivity. It's written in Python but it's pretty easy to read, even if you don't know it.

virla

Postby virla » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 am

Thanks for replay ,
But i need some example by which My application which is written in C# will notify without polling to any file or Awasu application regarding new feed available on subscribed channel

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:58 am

There is no polling done anywhere. When Awasu receives new content arriving on the channel, it will run your channel hook which can then notify your main application.

LogChannelActivity is simply an example of how to write a channel hook. It's not written in C# but the information you will need to write one can be found within.

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:28 pm

This page is helpful when writing Awasu extensions: Extensibility Skillsets

It lists the basic "programming" skills needed to build each type of Awasu extension. For Channel Hooks, you need to be able to read INI files, as a path to a INI file is what Awasu will pass to your Channel Hook.

Unfortunately with .NET (and C#), Microsoft doesn't have built in support for INI files, but luckily there are several good, free pre-written libraries that you can use: Reading/writing INI file in C#

As previous mentioned, LogChannelActivity is a great learning tool. Hook it to a Channel and see what it logs.

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”