TrackSnakeLA

Postby TrackSnakeLA » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:24 am

In trying to use the Google Search Plug-in of Awasu 2.2, I'm not understanding what's required to set it up. I can't for example, discover how to generate a license key.

What I'm trying to do is really generate an RSS feed of my Google Search History, right? Google has a FAQ page at http://www.google.com/support/bin/answe ... topic=9006 but I don't know enough about feeder and coding to do this on my own.

Suggestions? Thanks.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:28 am

TrackSnakeLA wrote:What I'm trying to do is really generate an RSS feed of my Google Search History, right?

These are two different things.

The Awasu plugin does a Google search and returns the results as a feed. As new things are found, they will appear in the feed as new items.

The thing you linked to returns a feed of *your* search queries. You need to click the Authentication button in the first page of the Channel Wizard and enter your Google account name and password.

TrackSnakeLA

Postby TrackSnakeLA » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:07 pm

I:

1. Created a new Channel in Awasu,
2. Entered the link to my own Google Search History at my Google account as Awasu's Feed URL,
3. Entered my Google user name and Google account password in Awasu's Authentication tab to finish Channel creation.

That gives me access to my full Google Search History, BUT...

What I don't understand is how to set-up Awasu Plug-in's to do a Google search inside Awasu without downloading a history file from Google. Awasu's help file mentions a license key to do this, but the instructions aren't clear to me. When clicking on the Help links inside Awasu about this, it mentions that you need a Google account and license key. I've got the account, but on Google's login pages the license key isn't discussed.

Also, yesterday I noticed on some Google FAQ page - http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/api_faq.html - that they aren't issuing more SOAP API license keys as of about 12-5-06; that may only be developer keys and I don't know if that affects what I'm trying to do here.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:32 pm

TrackSnakeLA wrote:that may only be developer keys and I don't know if that affects what I'm trying to do here.

Yep, a developer's key is what you need and Google aren't issuing any more :-(

IIRC, they're pushing some new JavaScript library that they want everyone to use instead of their old SOAP interface, probably because it gives them a bit more control over what it gets used for. I don't think they ever really liked the idea of people writing things like the Awasu plugin :roll:

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”