awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:15 am

Before generating channel for Awasu I have to make calculation. It's takes few minutes. I have correct result, but execution time is too long for Awasu and I get error. How change that? What do when scripts need time to execution before send data to Awasu?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:39 am

awasu.user wrote:What do when scripts need time to execution before send data to Awasu?

If your plugin defines a parameter called "Script timeout", Awasu will use that as the default amount of time to allow the script to run.

If your script is called foo.py, create a file called foo.plugin in the same directory that looks like this:

Code: Select all

[ChannelParameterDefinition-1]
Name=Script timeout
Type=int
DefaultValue=300

Restart Awasu, open the channel's Properties dialog and you will the new parameter that you can configure (or you can just leave it at the default value you configured in the .PLUGIN file).

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:48 am

awasu.user wrote:
support wrote:DefaultValue=300

Questions:
1. Value is in ms or seconds?
2. When Awasy get result will it be wait for this amount of time or go ahead with doing something else?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 am

awasu.user wrote:1. Value is in ms or seconds?

Seconds.

awasu.user wrote:2. When Awasy get result will it be wait for this amount of time or go ahead with doing something else?

The Pro Edition can have up to 90 channel updates in progress at once. However, if you have more than a few of these long-running plugins, they will eventually slow the update process down.

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”