crossbow

Postby crossbow » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:29 pm

I found the filter plug-in to filter out unwanted url's and posts. Whit I need is a filter i.e. a news site to grab only those articles having the key words in the article or headline. Help, I am a marketing person with no experience with writing code.javascript:emoticon(':help:')
Need Help

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:42 pm

crossbow wrote:I found the filter plug-in to filter out unwanted url's and posts. Whit I need is a filter i.e. a news site to grab only those articles having the key words in the article or headline.

I assume you mean the FilterFeedItems plugin? You should be able to do what you want with this plugin but it needs a bit of knowledge of how regular expressions work (which is a bit technical).

2.3.1 will be released in a few days that has a new feature that lets you specify keywords and highlights matching items in a different color and/or marks them with a different icon. This is much easier to use since it can be set up to use keywords instead of regular expressions.

The release after that (2.3.2) will extend this feature to also let you filter items in/out based on keywords. You will need to upgrade to 2.3.1 to be able to run 2.3.2 when it comes out, so you might as well do it now :-)

crossbow

Postby crossbow » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Yes to your question I have downloaded filterfeed dated March 22 07, so from your message what I am looking for is going to be released in a few days. Great, thats for your help and quick response. I am new to this type of problem solving via a forum and I can say as I use it the people are really great.

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”