Yuriy Beliy

Postby Yuriy Beliy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:35 pm

Just look at this, a very good topic.
A tool for simple generating feeds from any source like Excel, RDBMS, etc.
Based on the principle of connectors. Number of them grows with time.
Personal version is free now.

http://www.rssbus.com/

BTW, does somebody have ideas about generating feeds from Lotus Notes DBs, for example, from mail-file?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:23 am

Yuriy Beliy wrote:Based on the principle of connectors.

Looks nice, although it's exactly the same idea as Awasu's plugin channels. Of course, they have the advantage of having already written them for you, but we have the advantage of being able to support <i>any</i> data source whatsoever, including proprietary ones.

Yuriy Beliy wrote:BTW, does somebody have ideas about generating feeds from Lotus Notes DBs, for example, from mail-file?

We've been meaning to do one of these for ages but there hasn't been much demand for it :wink: It's just a question of figuring out the format of the Notes data files (or using their API if they have one), extracting the information and then generating a feed from it.

<small>Or you could just ask the rssbus guys to do it for you</small> :-)

davidtovar

Postby davidtovar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:56 am

I think Awasu is much better... imho :roll:

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 am

davidtovar wrote:I think Awasu is much better... imho :roll:

Hey, thanks :-)

Yuriy Beliy

Postby Yuriy Beliy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:39 am

Hi, All

I also like Awasu so much : )

1. About RSS Bus - this is a food for mind: to know news, to compare, to think how to compete

2. BTW, thinking about RSS Bus, I thought of using it along with Awasu, connecting Awasu to RSS sources that are generated by third-party tools. Just it looks for me, not familiarized with Awasu means of generation the feeds, attractive as it does not need programming.

Regarding a role of Awasu as a monopolist in area of RSS analysing and processing, not purely reading - I just amazed by the idea umplementation and usability, and i see no tool suitable for me.

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”