chatbar

Postby chatbar » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:17 am

I want to develop a channel hooks to save information to ADO/ODBC database rather then mySQL.

Does anybody know where I can find more information on hook development other then the sample Python program that comes with the product.

Or has naybody done this already.

Thanks in advance

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:33 am

chatbar wrote:I want to develop a channel hooks to save information to ADO/ODBC database rather then mySQL.

Does anybody know where I can find more information on hook development other then the sample Python program that comes with the product.

By sample Python program, I take it you mean the LogChannelActivity.py script. This demonstrates how to set things up so that 1) Awasu will recognize it and 2) call it when events happen. Most of the time, everything is the same as writing a normal channel plugin and this is documented comprehensively in the online help (look in the "For developers" chapter near the end).

You can also post any questions here. Allan's (the guy who wrote the MySQL channel hook) has done most of the heavy lifting already and should be able to answer any questions you may have.

FHe

Postby FHe » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:45 am

Hey,

really cool. i'm searching for a tool to put RSS-Feeds into a
MS-SQL Database. Hope you find informations how to write
something like that ;-)

Looking forward to try out your Channel Hook *g*

regards
Florian

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”