bittercrash

Postby bittercrash » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:35 am

I really like this program (lots more features than Feedreader for example), but I would like more flexible update intervals: 5 minutes instead of 5 hours (the Google news updates every 5 news).

Although it's possible to fill in different intervals, like is noted in the tool tip, less than 1 hour is not supported in the 'personal edition' of Awasu.
Why is that?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:03 am

bittercrash wrote:Although it's possible to fill in different intervals, like is noted in the tool tip, less than 1 hour is not supported in the 'personal edition' of Awasu.
Why is that?

Thanks for the feedback.

There are a few reasons for this. One is bandwidth usage. Right now, RSS is not very widely used but this is going to change soon. Having hundreds or even thousands of people pulling down feeds every 5 minutes could really kill a server. There are not many feeds that are worth checking that frequently (although Google News is perhaps one of them).

The second is that I have to keep at least one or two features for the paid version :-) I think that Awasu is a great program for the price - $0 - and if people want to support future development or show their appreciation or get the extra features that the Advanced Edition will offer, I hope that they won't mind paying a few bucks.

bittercrash

Postby bittercrash » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:59 am

Ah, there is an 'advanced edition' underway. Nice one:)

I for one would be willing to pay a few bucks for it. Certainly if the program would show good progress, in functions, options, plugins........

But for now I'll stick to the hourly update.

Thanks for the quick answer.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:08 pm

bittercrash wrote:Certainly if the program would show good progress, in functions, options, plugins........

What kind of things would you like to see? I have quite a number of new features in mind but suggestions from users are very welcome. It gives us an idea of what's important and what to do first.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”