Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sat May 10, 2008 4:00 am

Can you please provide simple step by step instructions on how I get to have date/time stamps in a column in the Item Window? (that I can sort by)

What other information can I show in the Item Window? Relevance perhaps?
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 10, 2008 4:55 am

Booboo wrote:Can you please provide simple step by step instructions on how I get to have date/time stamps in a column in the Item Window? (that I can sort by)

Columns can be added globally or per-channel.

The steps are the same, the only difference being where they are configured. For columns that you want to appear in every channel, it's in the <i>Display</i> tab of the Program Options. For individual channels, go to the <i>Channel</i> tab of the channel's Properties dialog.

Click on the <i>Item pane</i> button and a mini-dialog will pop up with a list of "additional columns" at the bottom. Add a new column and enter the name and metadata value you want to show in that column.

Any item metadata can be shown but the most commonly-wanted ones (author and time) are available in the droplist.

Most of the standard RSS metadata is not that useful in columns but this feature really comes into it's own when custom metadata is included in the feed. For example, if you look at this screenshot, you can see my Digg feed showing the extra information that Digg include in their feed. Note that to get this to work, you also need to turn on the Digg metadata module, to extract this information when the feed updates.

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sat May 10, 2008 8:33 am

Any item metadata can be shown but the most commonly-wanted ones (author and time) are available in the droplist.......... No so!

Add a new column and enter the name and metadata value you want to show in that column................. How!

Please give me working examples.
[/i]
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 10, 2008 9:38 am

Booboo wrote:Add a new column and enter the name and metadata value you want to show in that column................. How!

Click on the ADD NEW icon in the toolbar (the green plus sign) or double-click in the the whitespace where the columns are normally listed. All will become clear...

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Finally found it.

I would call it a very handy but hidden feature. Somewhat like solving a Tomb Raider puzzle. Do you enjoy playing with my tiny mind!
Booboo

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sun May 11, 2008 6:38 am

Instead of AUTHOR which only works some of the time, is it possible to have SOURCE i.e CNN, BBC ?

Or is this the same?
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 11, 2008 9:16 am

Booboo wrote:Instead of AUTHOR which only works some of the time, is it possible to have SOURCE i.e CNN, BBC ?

Awasu can only show the information that the publisher is putting into the feed. If it's not there, there's not much anyone can do.

What's the feed URL?

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sun May 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Too many feeds to mention.

I take it that it that there is no STANDARD for RSS meta data to date?
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Booboo wrote:I take it that it that there is no STANDARD for RSS meta data to date?

Unfortunately, none whatsoever :roll:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”