zortan

Postby zortan » Thu May 22, 2008 3:25 am

How can I see a mixed view of 2 feeds that are under 1 channel when I click on the channel name?

(i.e. instead of seeing each feed individually only) Thanks.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu May 22, 2008 3:34 am

You mean you want to take several RSS feeds and combine them into a single feed?

Check out the <tt>CombineFeeds</tt> plugin.

zortan

Postby zortan » Thu May 22, 2008 4:06 am

No, not trying to combine feeds.
Suppose I created a channel called CompanyXNews and I placed 2 feeds under it from that CompanyX (i.e. Press Releases, and News).

I'd like to be able to see these 2 merged/combined feeds when I click on CompanyXNews.

Right now, I have to click on each one of these feeds Press Releases or News to read the feeds. Clicking on CompanyXNews doesn't do anything; it keeps the last feed I was reading in the Viewing pane.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu May 22, 2008 1:28 pm

zortan wrote:Suppose I created a channel called CompanyXNews and I placed 2 feeds under it from that CompanyX (i.e. Press Releases, and News).

Ah, the terminology is a bit wrong which is why I misunderstood :-)

I think you're creating a *folder* in the My Channels window and putting two channels in it. You then want to be able to see the contents of both channels in a single page?

Chanel reports will let you take content from multiple channels and combine them into a single report.

zortan

Postby zortan » Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 am

Yes, I meant "Folder"- sorry about the confusion.

I tried that link, but couldn't get anywhere with it. Is there another way to do this that's simpler ?
Most other Readers automatically display the combination of all feeds/channels under a given Folder when a user clicks on that Folder.

All I want to do is be able to see all content from a given Folder when I'm clicking on that folder. Is that possible without resorting to Channel Reports?

If not, then can you pls give me more guidance for doing this? This must not be the first such request.

Thanks.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri May 23, 2008 4:49 am

zortan wrote:All I want to do is be able to see all content from a given Folder when I'm clicking on that folder. Is that possible without resorting to Channel Reports?

Channel reports are the way to do it, although we recognize that it can be a bit difficult to set up using the current version. The latest alpha addresses this and makes it much easier to create a report for the channels in the folder. You just right-click on the folder and choose <i>Create report</i> (in particular, it is no longer necessary to create a channel filter for the sole purpose of running a report).

And you can always use the <i>CombineFeeds</i> plugin I mentioned above :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”