vidconf

Postby vidconf » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:39 pm

My intenet connection went down several times.

Therefore several Channels got multiple errors when updating.

These Channels are still red (after re-starting Awasu and the internet connection is working)

Questions:

1) How can I force Awasu to check for upates on these Red X Channels?
(I tried Tools/Update Channels but Awasu does not update these Red X Channels - The Channels are up because I can browse the RSS via IE)

2) Can I modify/tweak Awasu to NEVER throttle down the check frequency of channel check? (I don't want to wait the 6 hour default interval)

Thanks

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:37 am

vidconf wrote:1) How can I force Awasu to check for upates on these Red X Channels?

If you manually update a <i>single</i> channel (e.g. right-click on it in My Channels and choose <i>Update now</i>, or press Control-U), it will update, even if it's in "error mode" (i.e. had too many consecutive update errors). <i>Tools|Update all channels</i> will skip channels in error mode but you can override this by holding down the SHIFT key when selecting the menu item.

vidconf wrote:2) Can I modify/tweak Awasu to NEVER throttle down the check frequency of channel check? (I don't want to wait the 6 hour default interval)

Using the SHIFT key workaround described above, it's not really necessary.

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks,

The Shift/Update all channels worked.

Can I change the default 6 hour interval? (when a channel is down for several consecutive failed updates)

I'm running a fully automated Awsasu implementation with auto generation of channel reports on pre-defined schedule. If the Internet connection goes down I need Awasu to continue to try to update channels
and not wait 6 hours.

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 am

vidconf wrote:Can I change the default 6 hour interval?

This setting is not configurable, although I'll change that for the next release.

I sent you an email before about this stuff, did you get it?

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:11 pm

support wrote:
vidconf wrote:Can I change the default 6 hour interval?

This setting is not configurable, although I'll change that for the next release.

I sent you an email before about this stuff, did you get it?

Got your email.

Thank You :D

Vid

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”