dgnc

Postby dgnc » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:06 pm

I have been monitoring CPU usage as I use Awasu and have noticed that after I have a number of windows open the CPU Usage goes suddenly to 40% then keeps on rising as more windows are opened reaching at one stage 99% (prob about 50 windows open). I would like the option to close a window automatically on Marking All Read on a channel to avoid this CPU loading

redcat

Postby redcat » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:46 pm

That is a useful idea. Plus it would help eliminate some clutter in the tab viewing area. Currently I'm using a shortcut to close each channel after reading.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:55 pm

dgnc wrote:prob about 50 windows open

Um, do you actually *need* 50 windows open at the same time? :-)

dgnc wrote:I would like the option to close a window automatically on Marking All Read on a channel

You can do it the other way around - there is an option to mark all items as read when you close a channel window.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:56 pm

redcat wrote:Currently I'm using a shortcut to close each channel after reading.

If you only ever have one window open at a time, you might want to try disabling tabbed browsing.

dgnc

Postby dgnc » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:18 pm

Its more to do with the way I tend to work. I usually go through each channel in turn and read all the stroies I want. When finished right click on the channel name and Mark All As Read. Then click on the next channel. Often I leave an item to read later so still want the browser window open so don't click on Mark All As Read. But this approach leads to all windows being left open and it is a pain to click on Mark All As Read, move the mouse down to the window tab, right click on it, click on Close, move the mouse back up to the channel list and then click on the next channel.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:30 pm

I tend to use Awasu with my right hand on the mouse and the left one the keyboard which has probably subconsciously influenced my choice of keybaord shortcuts :-) (apologies to all you southpaws).

I click around with the mouse and use ALT-F, C to close a window and ALT-E, A to mark all as read. I zoom around pretty quick like this :-)

You might also want to try using the Workpad to store items you want to read later. CTRL-R :)

redcat

Postby redcat » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:33 am

support wrote:
redcat wrote:Currently I'm using a shortcut to close each channel after reading.

If you only ever have one window open at a time, you might want to try disabling tabbed browsing.

I like the tabbed browsing feature, usually keeping several of my favorite channels open during the day so I can go back and review. I'll try the option to mark as read upon closing and see how that works. Thanks for the suggestion.

After trying Awasu over the past week I've decided you have earned another convert from FeedDemon because of your excellent program and timely support. I really like the improvements in 2.0. Looking forward to the time when we can archive feeds.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:40 am

redcat wrote:After trying Awasu over the past week I've decided you have earned another convert from FeedDemon because of your excellent program and timely support.

He he. Awasu scores again!!!

redcat wrote:I really like the improvements in 2.0. Looking forward to the time when we can archive feeds.

Coming Real Soon Now (tm). This will be in the next beta.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”