I'd like to see a way to set a default authentication for all feeds in a domain (or partial domain, i.e. a password for y.com also applies, unless over-ridden, to feeds in x.y.com).
1) if per-server authentication is explicitly set in a channel, it is tried; if it succeeds, display the feed
2) otherwise, if per-server authentication is set for the server of the feed, it is tried; if it succeeds, display the feed
3) otherwise, if per-site authentication is set for the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the feed use that
4) repeat the process on parent domains
5) if no authentication succeeds, display the feed without authentication if possible
--Pete, exhausted after typing his LJ username and password dozens of times for dozens of friends' channels...
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests