dpkanjmail

Postby dpkanjmail » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:48 am

Hi Fellows

I am evaluating Awasu and other similar RSS / Atom feed readers for last couple of weeks. But without any doubt Awasu is way ahead in its functionality and features. I was also going through Awasu forums to get my answers but it was not much of a help as I am not a developer. But I could see there were posts where users asked somewhat similar questions. Here is what I want,

1. Can I built a Newsletter from selected headlines from particular channel?

2. Articles / headlines will be based on specific 'keywords'. I know Awasu provides search feature, but how can I take only articles which contain 'keywords'. For example: I want articles form websites which contain Nissan OR Toyota only. (Please suggest if there is any help file)

3. I also want to send filtered stories with content as a newsletter by using MS Outlook.

Please help me as Awasu seems to be my only last hope!!!

Best Regards
Deepak A.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 am

The easiest way to do all this would be to use Awasu's workpads. You can drag stories in from any of your channels into a workpad and when you're ready, generate a report that contains what's in the workpad.

The advantage of doing things this way are that you can choose exactly what gets included in the report, and also add your own comments. The report is template-based so you can customize it to look how you want. You also won't need to use Outlook since Awasu can send the email out for you!

For keyword matching, you can create search channels that scan Awasu's archived content and return stories that match what you're looking for. You can then pick and choose the ones you want to include in your report by adding them to your workpad.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”