rlmrdl

Postby rlmrdl » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:27 am

I just had to rebuild the system due to an almost disc crash. I managed to import all my channels but not the category allocation. Now I have 17,000 channels to reassign to categories. :evil:

Its one thing to assign a channel to a category when you add the channel, but the thought of going through every channel individually and assigning it to one or two categories each is putting me off.

I know, I should have used sync when I had the chance. :?

However, would it be possible, oh wise and elephant dung encrusted one, to have a system that enables me to create a category, then call up the list of channels with, say, a checkbox next to each one. Then check those I want to assign to the category all in one hit?

Just asking.
:wink:

Cheers

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:47 am

rlmrdl wrote:would it be possible, oh wise and elephant dung encrusted one, to have a system that enables me to create a category, then call up the list of channels with, say, a checkbox next to each one. Then check those I want to assign to the category all in one hit?

Wise is OK but you're calling me elephant dung encrusted and then asking for new features? :roll:

The ability to edit multiple channels at once has been on the infamous List for ages. I've been putting it off because 1) there have been other more important things to do and 2) it's a bit hard :-( Once I get the search engine out, I'll probably take a look at it.

Zip up your Channels directory and send me a list of what channels (the feed URL's, exactly as they appear in the Channel Properties dialog) you want in each category and I'll fix them up. Do it something like this:

Code: Select all

>>> My Favorites
http://www.awasu.com/weblog/wp-rss2.php
http://keynet.blogs.com/networks/index.rdf

>>> Technology
http://keynet.blogs.com/networks/index.rdf

rlmrdl

Postby rlmrdl » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:45 am

I loved the piece on the dung paper and could just see you wandering along the street in a daydream, plotting the next Awasu feature, and stepping under an elephant delivering .... :shock:

I hear its a sign of good fortune in some places.

Thanks for the offer, but by the time I think about what categories I want for each channel, it will be about as fast as doing it as I go.

In any case, I'll swap that for the search engine any time.

Cheers

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:58 am

rlmrdl wrote:Thanks for the offer, but by the time I think about what categories I want for each channel, it will be about as fast as doing it as I go.

Sigh... I've already done it! :-(

Replace your ChannelMaintenance.exe with this one which lets you set channel categories.

rlmrdl

Postby rlmrdl » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:55 am

great service.

Now all I have to do is recreate the categories that went missing in the shift.

Thanks again.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”