obed

Postby obed » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Your product is very impressive and I would like to use it in small group environment (10 users with internet access). In your FAQ, I have not found answers to my questions. Here are some of my questions that I would like answers.
1 Price for commercial use is $79.00 (10 user licensed). Is this Price per year use?
Any limits on Feed storage data or filters?
2 Are Feed search per user and user ID or per company ID? i.e Google user ID?
3 Can the Feed filters be reusable and/or networkable storage for others to use?
4 Where is Feed Search data stored (local/network/sql, my local company)?
5 If Feed data on network, how can it be shared by small group users?
6 Your Java Plugin shows access to SQL and returns a feed. Is the SQL Data local storage or backend network storage?
7 Is Application Plugin SQL to local client or backend Network server?
8 What types of custom application development are available?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm

obed wrote:1 Price for commercial use is $79.00 (10 user licensed). Is this Price per year use?

No, it's a one-off fee and you can use Awasu for as long as you like.

obed wrote:Any limits on Feed storage data or filters?

Not in the Pro Edition.

obed wrote:2 Are Feed search per user and user ID or per company ID? i.e Google user ID?

Per user, although you could always write a plugin that did a per-company or per-Google ID search.

obed wrote:3 Can the Feed filters be reusable and/or networkable storage for others to use?

Not really, although you might be able to use Awasu's sync feature to do it. This stuff is stored in Awasu's config files so it might also be possible to write a little script that copied them around between different copies of Awasu.

obed wrote:4 Where is Feed Search data stored (local/network/sql, my local company)?

This page describes where everything lives.

obed wrote:5 If Feed data on network, how can it be shared by small group users?

What do you mean by "feed data"? If you're referring to the feed items that Awasu has received, it can't really. It's a stand-alone product that runs on a single PC and doesn't share data like that. However, republishing information is one of its strong points so you could always get your Awasu to push information it has received up onto your network where other people can get at it.

obed wrote:6 Your Java Plugin shows access to SQL and returns a feed. Is the SQL Data local storage or backend network storage?
7 Is Application Plugin SQL to local client or backend Network server?

Doesn't matter. It just connects to the database via a connection string so it doesn't really matter where it is. That plugin was just an example to show how you can write your own, in a real one you write yourself, you can get the data from wherever you want.

obed wrote:8 What types of custom application development are available?

You can write plugins to either retrieve data from other sources or extend the functionality of Awasu itself, or channel hooks to hook into the information flow and respond to it as it arrives. More details here. We are also available to do this work if need be, and we can also provide customized versions of Awasu, if that's what you were asking about :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”