squeg
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:59 am
Contact:

Postby squeg » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:14 pm

As you know, when filtering a given channel based on read/unread messages, etc., AWASU displays text saying something like "viewing 23 of 89 items". However, when you're viewing the full display, this text goes away.

I'd like a way, either in the template or in the program options, to display this number all the time. eg. the text "viewing 89 of 89 items" should show up. That way i have an easy way to see how many items are in the list at all times. (I like numbers. Sue me. :) )

Related to this, there's a feature in the channel settings that allows you to limit how many items will display in a channel. When I have a large list, like the afore mentioned 89, i'd use this feature to just view the most recent few. However, I'd like a way to be able to page through the remaining items in the channel like you would when working with a large table in a database.

Obviously, this would require enumerating the items in the feed and addressing them so that I could see 1-25, then 26-50, etc. Probabably not a trivial addition. And not necessarily the most important as I can work around it by marking things as read and filtering them out, but it would still be nice.

Oh, also related, when the channel has a numeric limiter of this sort set on the number of items to be displayed in the feed, I'd like to see that number carry over to the items displayed in the menuing tree displayed from the right-click menu on the system tray. Limiting items is MUCH more important there as a long feed creates a very unwieldy list.

If, in addition, we could set that right-click menu tree to only display unread items, it would be perfect.

For the record, it's my use of MSDN feeds from microsoft that's prompting these ideas. Some of those feeds are waaaaaay too long.

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 3021
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:53 am

squeg wrote:I'd like a way, either in the template or in the program options, to display this number all the time. eg. the text "viewing 89 of 89 items" should show up. That way i have an easy way to see how many items are in the list at all times.


Thing is, there's no real concept of "how many items are in the list." It just depends on whatever filtering options happen to be on at the time. If anything, it's going to be "all items for this channel that have ever been received" which could be thousands, or more.

squeg wrote:Related to this, there's a feature in the channel settings that allows you to limit how many items will display in a channel. When I have a large list, like the afore mentioned 89, i'd use this feature to just view the most recent few. However, I'd like a way to be able to page through the remaining items in the channel like you would when working with a large table in a database.

Obviously, this would require enumerating the items in the feed and addressing them so that I could see 1-25, then 26-50, etc. Probabably not a trivial addition. And not necessarily the most important as I can work around it by marking things as read and filtering them out, but it would still be nice.


Yep, this is not a Trivial Change but a good idea - I'll add it to the list.

squeg wrote:Oh, also related, when the channel has a numeric limiter of this sort set on the number of items to be displayed in the feed, I'd like to see that number carry over to the items displayed in the menuing tree displayed from the right-click menu on the system tray. Limiting items is MUCH more important there as a long feed creates a very unwieldy list.

If, in addition, we could set that right-click menu tree to only display unread items, it would be perfect.


Yep, good point.

squeg wrote:For the record, it's my use of MSDN feeds from microsoft that's prompting these ideas. Some of those feeds are waaaaaay too long.


I agree, it's a pain. I've seen feeds that are a megabyte in size! :omg: Kinda defeats the purpose :-)


Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests