jerrymartin

Postby jerrymartin » Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 am

Hi all,

I have searched on the forum and all over the internet to try and figure out how to display a date in the format below. I believe it is UTC as recommended by the RSS 2.0 spec. I've gotten a couple of things to work such as the 24h time, and I guess the -0700 is just text. So the bigest problem is getting the Day of the week "Fri" to show up.

Fri, 15 May 2009 18:00:29 -0400

I am using the REPORT-TIME in this case because this is a channel report.

The stand metadata channel report code looks like this.

{%REPORT-TIME% format="%d %b %Y"} at {%REPORT-TIME% format="%I:%M %p"}

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon May 18, 2009 8:01 am

Use %a or %A for the day of the week. Full details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fe06s4ak(VS.80).aspx

jerrymartin

Postby jerrymartin » Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks, that was the ticket.

I can't beleive what a nest of techno mumbo jumbo I ran into trying to find the answer on the web. Looking up "date formating" "date formating for rss" etc. etc. gets you to a few hundred (many outdate) pages of date formating discussions and the numerous so called standards.

If I had only thought about the programming languages used for Awasu I might have found it. Thanks for that link and thanks for the answer.

I do have a another question but I will post it under a different topic.

Jerry

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon May 18, 2009 8:40 pm

jerrymartin wrote:I can't beleive what a nest of techno mumbo jumbo I ran into trying to find the answer on the web. Looking up "date formating" "date formating for rss" etc. etc. gets you to a few hundred (many outdate) pages of date formating discussions and the numerous so called standards

Yah, you would've found lots of stuff about how to embed timestamps *in* a feed (as opposed to inserting them into an Awasu-specific report) which is notoriously messy. I would know :roll:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”