rawlesc12

Postby rawlesc12 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 pm

I have about 370 channels on my Awasu program as well as about 50 searches. For all of my searches I have specified that Awasu only extract articles from the last 3 days. Most of the articles that it finds do match this date requirement, however, it still finds and displays some articles that are over a month old. How can I make sure that only articles that were published within the past 3 days are extracted through my searches? Any help would be great. Thank you.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:03 pm

How are you telling that articles are a month old?

While feed items can specify when they were published (or last modified), it's optional and even when it's there, notoriously unreliable. So Awasu uses the only timestamp it can rely on, when it <i>received</i> the item.

If you open the channel that the articles are coming from, each item has a timestamp at the bottom and you'll probably find that the articles you are saying are a month old were received within the past 3 days.

rawlesc12

Postby rawlesc12 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:36 pm

OK, I understand now. Thank you. I was also wondering if there is any way that I could sort the results of my searches by this timestamp date. Is there any way Awasu could list the search results of my search agents with the most recently found article at the top? Thanks.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 am

rawlesc12 wrote:Is there any way Awasu could list the search results of my search agents with the most recently found article at the top?

Are you talking about search agents or search channels? :-)

Search agents simply highlight in the UI feed items that match some criteria so ordering depends on what ordering is being used in your item pane (click on the column headers).

But I suspect you're talking about search channels and the order of the items here reflects the order in which they were found in the search index. And since items are added to the search index in the order they were received, they should appear in the same order in search channels (again, we're talking about the time they were <i>received</i>, not published).

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”