mysmallbizu

Postby mysmallbizu » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Is there a way to have the reader subscribe to and display videos that are hosted on Amazon S3 ???

I have flash videos that are hosted on amazon that I would like played int a desktop reader like awasu...

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 pm

mysmallbizu wrote:Is there a way to have the reader subscribe to and display videos that are hosted on Amazon S3 ???

Just generate an RSS feed that has them embedded as enclosures and Awasu will automatically download them.

If you want them to appear embedded in the web page itself and playable there, Awasu will strip this kind of stuff out by default (since it's potentially dangerous) but you sent me an email about branded versions of Awasu and we can reconfigure it not to do this. I'll get back to you later today about this.

mysmallbizu

Postby mysmallbizu » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 am

Yes I'd like just the videos to play embedded in the page.

Right now I have 55 individual courses with just over 1000 videos in my joomla membership site.

The actual flash videos are up on S3 and I'm using the allvideos plugin for joomla to generate the player when the page is rendered... The joomla RSS feed Doesn't include the embedded player code so i can't use that feed ...

If at all possible I'd just like to create an S3 bucket for the course videos and have them show up in the reader as an embedded video.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”