rsr

Postby rsr » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:48 am

Hi, I am currently using Awasu Pro v2.4. I recenlty upgraded to the 2.4.1 Alpha2 version. However, since then I am having an issue with Awasu crashing during a synchronization operation. More specifically during the "Load Awasu Sync data.." operation.

The exeception reason is shown is: "awasu.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module ntdll.dll at 001B:7C90100B"

This exeception occurs consitantly for both the Alpha2 and Alpha3 upgrade versions. I have tried using fresh installation of v2.4 then installed the upgrade versions as described on your site. I have also tried on both Vista and XP OS with same results. In addition it occurs with either File of FTP sync transfer.

I reinstalled the original v2.4 version and saw no sync errors, so i supect that there may be an issue with the upgrade versions or that i may be upgrading incorrectly.

Any ideas or suggestions why this may occur?

I can post the error log but it is lengthy so i can email to you if you prefer.

Thanks

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 am

rsr wrote:I can post the error log but it is lengthy so i can email to you if you prefer.

Email it and I'll take a look.

This is an odd one, I don't think anything's changed in the sync code for ages. Is it for one particular sync data file, or any? If they're not too big for email, or you have an FTP server somewhere (or you can use ours), get one or two of them to me as well.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Ah bugger, the crash is being caused by a change in 2.4.1.alpha1 :-(

The bad news is there's no workaround (other than to not sync), the good news is that I've just emailed you a fixed-up version :cool:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”