squeg

Postby squeg » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:07 am

Okay, call me obsessive, but I really like to use "categories" to describe my RSS channels. As of today, I've defined 27 categories. The idea being that as my channel list gets longer, this will provide me a great deal of flexibility in designing filtesr.

The problem is that awasu will only display 23 categories in the drop down that is used when creating a channel. So instead of sorting them alphabetically like i do now, I'm going to have to switch to a most commonly used scheme and type any remaining categories in by hand.

I would love to see an interface change that allows for scrolling through the category list so that I didn't have to type in anything after category 23 by hand each time i want to apply it.

On a related note, the context menu method for adding categories to a channel only supports 20 categories. Again a scroll method would be nice. Or failing that, perhaps the context menu could have the option of sorting differnently from the main category list so that it could be set to contain the 20 most recent or most commonly applied categories instead of just the first 20 in the list.

Obviously, not deal-breaking issues, and certainly not worth ending a awasu vacation prematurely, but eventually, i'd really appreciate a way to handle large lists more easily.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:44 am

squeg wrote:On a related note, the context menu method for adding categories to a channel only supports 20 categories. Again a scroll method would be nice. Or failing that, perhaps the context menu could have the option of sorting differnently from the main category list so that it could be set to contain the 20 most recent or most commonly applied categories instead of just the first 20 in the list.

Yep, this has been on The List for a while. It's a design limitation and I've been <strike>too lazy</strike> waiting for someone to ask for it to be fixed.

nickg

Postby nickg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:43 am

Please add me to the list of people with over 20 categories (26 and counting). Being able to scroll through all the categories would be great.
-- Nick

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”