jwenck

Postby jwenck » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:14 am

I would like to know about the additional features in the pro/advanced versions.

A suggestion would be to implement a few mouse gestures. I would like to have one for making the item list reappear after finishing reading an item.

Why might Add-to-readme and Mark-as-unread be always unavailable (greyed out) in my context menu?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:25 am

jwenck wrote:I would like to know about the additional features in the pro/advanced versions.

These are some of the features scheduled for the Advanced and Professional Editions:

Advanced Edition:

(*) Channels can be updated more frequently than once per hour.
(*) Unlimited number of channels.
(*) A new feature in the next beta is "channel hooks". These let you do things such as send out emails/SMS/IM messages when new items arrive, have floating windows on your desktop that shows the current feed for a channel, have an icon in the system tray dedicated to a single channel, display graphical data in feeds (e.g. sales data from a database), etc. The free Personal Edition will have these but you will be limited to having a small number of them; the Advanced/Pro Editions will let you have as many as you want.
(*) The ability to store feed items in a database, which will be searchable. The Personal Edition will contain a limited version of this functionality.
(*) The ability to organize channels in the My Channels window. The Personal Edition will contain a limited version of this functionality.
(*) The ability to export channel feeds. I'm working with someone right now to make this feature work well for PDA's i.e. you can export your unread items to a PDA and read them on the train to work, for example. The Personal Edition will let you do this but the Advanced Edition will allow you to export in a variety of different formats.

Professional Edition:

(*) Awasu will be deployable as a client-server application. Companies will be able to set up in-house RSS feeds and publish them to clients running on employees' desktops.
(*) Security. Administrators will be able to control who is allowed to see which feeds.
(*) A user's configuration information will be stored in the registry, allowing for roaming profiles.
(*) The ability for servers to push updates to clients instead of clients repeatedly having to pull them.

This list will probably change as people make suggestions but the Advanced Edition is going to be way cool :-) There's quite a bit more but I don't want to give too much away just now 8)

jwenck wrote:A suggestion would be to implement a few mouse gestures. I would like to have one for making the item list reappear after finishing reading an item.

I love mouse gestures but I also love not having to re-invent the wheel :-) This is a great program: http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

jwenck wrote:Why might Add-to-readme and Mark-as-unread be always unavailable (greyed out) in my context menu?

You must have an item selected for these options to be enabled. Click on the text for the item and it will become highlighted and these options will be enabled.

jwenck

Postby jwenck » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:07 am

So I am bought on either the professional or advanced version.

You wrote:
"You must have an item selected for these options to be enabled. Click on the text for the item and it will become highlighted and these options will be enabled."

This is what I do - yet no dice. Will email to facilitate clarification, if this proves to be support issue.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:16 am

jwenck wrote:So I am bought on either the professional or advanced version.

Cool. Always good to hear :-)

jwenck wrote:You wrote:
"You must have an item selected for these options to be enabled. Click on the text for the item and it will become highlighted and these options will be enabled."

This is what I do - yet no dice. Will email to facilitate clarification, if this proves to be support issue

Weird. Send through more details and I'll see what I can do. You might want to try reseting your menus - open the Tools, Customize dialog and goto the Menu page. Select "Items" in the right-hand droplist and press "Reset". If you know how to, try deleting Awasu's key from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Awasu

jwenck

Postby jwenck » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:32 am

"You might want to try reseting your menus - open the Tools, Customize dialog and goto the Menu page. Select "Items" in the right-hand droplist and press "Reset"."

Done. Result: context menu items gone. There seems to be no way to add them back in - they are not listed under commands.

"If you know how to, try deleting Awasu's key from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Awasu"

Done. No further change after restart.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:01 am

jwenck wrote:"You might want to try reseting your menus - open the Tools, Customize dialog and goto the Menu page. Select "Items" in the right-hand droplist and press "Reset"."

Done. Result: context menu items gone. There seems to be no way to add them back in - they are not listed under commands.

All of them?! Or just the new ones. It should reset the context menu back to its default state. Maybe you need to unpack 1.0.1 again :-(

jwenck wrote:""If you know how to, try deleting Awasu's key from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Awasu"

Done. No further change after restart.

Since Awasu writes out its settings when it shuts down, it needs to be stopped when you do this. And since it takes a while to stop even after the main window closes, use Task Manager to see when it has really gone.

Send me an email if you're still having trouble.

jwenck

Postby jwenck » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:38 am

Yes, the trouble persists. Exactly as I wrote in my last post.

What would your email address be? There is no profile or email button attached to your reply post.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:40 am

I keep forgetting to login :oops:

support@awasu.com

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:45 am

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread, this problem has been resolved.

It appears to have been caused by installing 1.0.1 and then going backwards and installing 1.0 on top of it.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”