abwilson

Postby abwilson » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:36 am

From the 2.0.4alpha3 release notes:
Plugins that request Awasu download a file on their behalf (via the DownloadUrl parameter) can now also specify authentication details (via DownloadUrl_UserName and DownloadUrl_Password).

As best I can tell, Awasu (both "normally" and when downloading a DownloadUrl) identifies itself with User-Agent Awasu/2.0.4AE.

Could Awasu also support a DownloadUrl_Agent (or somesuch) string? Some sites refuse to respond unless they are apparently dealing with one of several "official" browsers, so this could allow a transfer to work that would otherwise fail.

While you're at it :) , could you also provide a new channel parameter in a plug-in's .ini file: DownloadUrlEncoding? This would return any 'charset' value specified in the page's Content-Type.

Thanks

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:53 am

abwilson wrote:From the 2.0.4alpha3 release notes:
Plugins that request Awasu download a file on their behalf (via the DownloadUrl parameter) can now also specify authentication details (via DownloadUrl_UserName and DownloadUrl_Password).

As best I can tell, Awasu (both "normally" and when downloading a DownloadUrl) identifies itself with User-Agent Awasu/2.0.4AE.

Yes.

abwilson wrote:Could Awasu also support a DownloadUrl_Agent (or somesuch) string? Some sites refuse to respond unless they are apparently dealing with one of several "official" browsers, so this could allow a transfer to work that would otherwise fail.

Some people have asked for this before and it's probably not a good thing. Site administrators sometimes actually want accurate stats :-) and people often just change the user agent to promote their own sites :blech: This is one case where it might be worth downloading the file yourself :-)

abwilson wrote:While you're at it :) , could you also provide a new channel parameter in a plug-in's .ini file: DownloadUrlEncoding? This would return any 'charset' value specified in the page's Content-Type.

You know your wish is my command... :-|

abwilson

Postby abwilson » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:03 am

Some people have asked for this before and it's probably not a good thing. Site administrators sometimes actually want accurate stats and people often just change the user agent to promote their own sites :blech: This is one case where it might be worth downloading the file yourself.

Okay.

You know your wish is my command...

:D

Thanks!

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”