Booboo

Postby Booboo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:44 am

Like the late Big *Kev from Queensland use to say "I'm excited".

Can't wait to get this running but unfortunatley the following is not a step by step guide for idiotoes (that's Italian for idiot).

http://www.awasu.com/wiki/Automatic_Feed_Translation

Could I have a few more clues on how to get this to work?

*No relation to Kevtheclone - or so we think.
Booboo

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Think I may have worked it out.
Channel properties / details / Processing / add file to XSLT section ??

I have it working with the Spiegel Online.

I note that it even translates the Channel Name!
I also note that when you go to the given news webpage it is not a translated page:-(

Still, it's bloody amazing.
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Booboo wrote:I also note that when you go to the given news webpage it is not a translated page:-(

If you have a page open in Awasu, you can get it to send the URL to Google's page translation service.

To do this, add a user tool:
(*) From Awasu's Tools menu, choose <i>Organize user tools</i>
(*) Click the green plus icon and enter a name for the tool e.g. "Google Translate"
(*) In the <i>Command</i> box, enter <tt>http://www.google.com/translate_c?u={%URL%}</tt>
(*) Click OK.

Now, whenever you choose <i>Tools|Google Translate</i>, Awasu will send the current web page to Google for translation.

It should be possible to fix up the XSLT so that the item URL's are converted into new ones that automagically send you to the translated page and in fact, I'm sure <i>kevotheclone</i> is hard at work <i>right this very moment</i> <strike>hacking</strike> fixing up his script to do this very thing :whip: :-D

Booboo wrote:Still, it's bloody amazing.

Indeed, it is :clap:

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 pm

I added that tool as per your easy to understand instructions - cover me with eggs and flour and bake me for 40 minutes .... it works!!!

Can't wait for the updated script though.
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Booboo wrote:cover me with eggs and flour and bake me for 40 minutes

No sugar? No sprinkles? Where's the sweetness?

BTW, feel free to update the wiki page with your step-by-step instructions, if you feel it would benefit from them :-)

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 am

My wife and I took a little vacation from technology...

support wrote:It should be possible to fix up the XSLT so that the item URL's are converted into new ones that automagically send you to the translated page and in fact, I'm sure kevotheclone is hard at work right this very moment hackingfixing up his script to do this very thing.

I'll take a look at this and see what I can do. This was great idea Booboo, why didn't I think of it?

As far as instructions, I should add a link to the online Awasu help page for Feed Processing at the very least.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”