mgower

Postby mgower » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:22 am

I love the new folders in the Alpha version. Point me in the right direction in case I missed a toggle in the preferences, but I think a good configuration value would be to hide folders containing channels that don't have items within the current view. For example, if my channel filter is set to only show unread items, I'd like the folders hidden for any channels that don't have unread items.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:25 am

mgower wrote:I think a good configuration value would be to hide folders containing channels that don't have items within the current view.

Yep, there will be a switch in the next alpha to hide any empty folders. To be honest, I miss the old My Channels and so will probably add something to hide folders altogether :roll:

Sigh... :-(

mgower

Postby mgower » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:29 am

support wrote:Yep, there will be a switch in the next alpha to hide any empty folders. To be honest, I miss the old My Channels and so will probably add something to hide folders altogether :roll:

Sigh... :-(

Oh, you know it's fun. What could be better than coding new options? :)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:35 am

mgower wrote:What could be better than coding new options?

Oh, coding new features is great. But adding something to remove all folders means that My Channels will end up looking exactly the way it did before :-)

mgower

Postby mgower » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:40 am

support wrote:Oh, coding new features is great. But adding something to remove all folders means that My Channels will end up looking exactly the way it did before :-)

Good point. Well, it has the *potential* to have folders.

redcat

Postby redcat » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:54 pm

You can mark me down as also being very happy with the new folders. They fit my thought process, in that I'm an accountant and like items in organized buckets. :wink: I hope you do take the time to modify the code to hide folders and get the My Channels view to your satisfaction. Allowing all of these different options to the end user makes Awasu a very customizable, useful and powerful program.

I really appreciate all of your efforts. So much so that when I downloaded the Alpha update I also spent the $15 for another year of Advanced upgrades. That is money well spent! :D I look forward to see what you have in store.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”