Mark Levison

Postby Mark Levison » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:37 pm

Rather than display new headlines one at a time, which can be very distracting of paid work. Why not display all of the newly found headlines in one shot?

Thanks for a cool product

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:08 pm

[edit]From Support... :oops: [/edit]

Mark Levison wrote:Rather than display new headlines one at a time, which can be very distracting of paid work. Why not display all of the
newly found headlines in one shot?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "distracting of paid work" but I'm guessing you mean all those balloons distracting you when you're at the office. I know the feeling!

There's an option in the channel properties to consolidate new items i.e. if more than one new item is found when a channel is updated, they will be combined into one balloon. Or you can also turn them off altogether for individual channels so you only get them for the ones you're most interested in.

But if you mean you'd like a feature where you can get a list of only new stories, all on a single page, this will be in 1.0.3 which will be out in mid-April.

Mark Levison wrote:Thanks for a cool product

Thanks! :D

Mark Levison

Postby Mark Levison » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:31 pm

Thanks for the hint. Consolidate was what I wanted. I'd read it before but not quite understood it. Its difficult to experiment with becuase the delay in updates. Perhaps you could reword it slightly? "Consolidate multiple new items in single ballon". The identation as hint was too subtle for me.

On another note, have considered a way to all us to change the properties for all channels at once? Its a pain having to update 30 channels.

Thanks again
Mark Levison

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:40 pm

Mark Levison wrote:Perhaps you could reword it slightly? "Consolidate multiple new items in single ballon". The identation as hint was too subtle for me.

I'd have to widen the dialog to fit all that in! :D I'll see what I can come with.

Mark Levison wrote:On another note, have considered a way to all us to change the properties for all channels at once? Its a pain having to update 30 channels.

It's on the list. It's a bit tricky to do which is why I've been putting it off :-) If you can program a bit, all the configuration is stored in INI files so it would be easy to write a quick script to whiz through and change what you need. Make sure Awasu is not running if you try this.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:52 am

Mark Levison wrote:On another note, have considered a way to all us to change the properties for all channels at once? Its a pain having to update 30 channels.

I've written a little utility that will let you do this: http://www.awasu.com/goto.php?url=/down ... intenance/

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”