merryworks

Postby merryworks » Tue May 17, 2005 1:33 pm

I like to group my channels in folders. Once they are in the folders, I can click on the folder heading and get a "newspaper" that I can skim through to cover headlines.

Can I do this in Awasu?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue May 17, 2005 1:36 pm

merryworks wrote:I like to group my channels in folders. Once they are in the folders, I can click on the folder heading and get a "newspaper" that I can skim through to cover headlines.

We introduced channel folders in the 2.1.1 beta. You can achieve what you want although it's a little involved. However, it's more powerful than just the simple newspaper view other RSS readers provide so I guess you get what you pay for :-)

What you need to do is this:

- Create a channel filter that will control which channels will be shown. If you are running 2.1.1, then just filter channels according to whether or not they are in the folder(s) you want.
- Create a new report that uses the new channel filter. You can control which items get included e.g. just unread ones or only new ones.
- Run the report. It will pick out the channels that pass the filter, extract the items you said you wanted and sticks them all onto a single-page report.
- You can also create your own report template to control exactly how the newspaper looks.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”