pinemeadows

Postby pinemeadows » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:27 pm

I saved a synch file on a flash drive which I then took to my laptop. I went to the sync menu on the laptop and tried to load it. It goes to 7% and then freezes up there - never to recover.

I use Comodo with Live Support - during a remote session they were unable to find any conflict between Comodo and Awasu.

So what could be causing this? Any ideas? I cannot get it to complete. I have tried 2 methods - a CD and the flash drive (never had problems with either one) but nothing works to do a sync. The laptop is a Toshiba - less than a year old.

Thanks

BJ

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 am

pinemeadows wrote:It goes to 7% and then freezes up there - never to recover.

Did it used to work? Have you tried on another computer, or even the computer you created the sync file on (back everything up first! :-))?

If it's not too big, email me the sync file. Otherwise send me an email and I'll arrange an alternative method.

pinemeadows

Postby pinemeadows » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:33 pm

I thought I had done this once before, but now I'm wondering if I didn't just export a file, and then import it on the laptop. That is what I ended up doing last night and tho it's not perfect, it will work for me right now. I'm going to be doing some traveling, and needed to do SOMETHING!

I will work on it when I get back. Never thought of trying to just do it back to the originating computer.

This is really not related, but something else I've been wondering about. When I go to post a comment on a blog, I am unable to do so simply because the verification boxes just have the red "x" in them, not the actual words or letters. How can I do this without opening up my browser and going to the blogger's actual website?

Thanks

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 pm

pinemeadows wrote:I will work on it when I get back.

Get a sync file to me anyway and I'll take a look into it in the meantime.

pinemeadows wrote:This is really not related, but something else I've been wondering about. When I go to post a comment on a blog, I am unable to do so simply because the verification boxes just have the red "x" in them, not the actual words or letters. How can I do this without opening up my browser and going to the blogger's actual website?

This is almost certainly a problem with how the website has set their verification boxes up. Do you have an example feed?

pinemeadows

Postby pinemeadows » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Sorry, I did not see your reply before I left.

As for the blog verification boxes, it is true of every blog I've ever been on. I will certainly send you some blog URLs.

pinemeadows

Postby pinemeadows » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:04 am

Here's a couple of blog URL's...

http://www.kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com
http://veganepicurean.blogspot.com/

I subscribe to almost 700 blogs, and tho I certainly rarely comment, every time I have tried within Awasu, the red x is in the verification box.

It's nothing major - but seems unusual.

I appreciate your quick responses here and continue to enjoy Awasu. :)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 am

The first one is working for me but before you start groaning, when I first tried it (about an hour beforehand), I got the same problem. However, a bit of investigation suggested that the problem was at their end. Even now, it seems to be struggling a bit - the captcha is showing properly but not the avatars.

The second one doesn't seem to be using captcha's.

I also tried it with a few other Blogger blogs and it seemed to be OK :shrug:

Is it only happening with Blogger blogs (i.e. ones with the orange B in the top-left corner)?

pinemeadows

Postby pinemeadows » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Well, dang. I don't know how you get them to work. Most of the blogs are Blogger (the orange B), but some are Wordpress...never paid attention to that before. I just found a Wordpress blog and was able to make a comment in Awasu because they do not have the verification boxes to complete.

I don't know how you ever got either of them to work - I have tried on both my PC and my laptop and have never been able to do it from within this software! Today was the first time (in Wordpress) for me.

Is there a setting I need to change on my computers? If I am unable to see the verification boxes on the many blogs I read, perhaps the problem is on my computers then?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:06 am

pinemeadows wrote:perhaps the problem is on my computers then?

Possibly :-) It seems a bit hit-and-miss for me :|

What version of IE are you running?

Try right-clicking on the broken image, choose Properties, select and copy the whole of the Address field (nb: it will probably only be partially visible so drag the mouse to make the whole thing scroll into view), then paste the URL into a separate IE window. If it doesn't show properly, it's something other than Awasu.

Then right-click on some empty space in the window and try the same thing again (the URL should start with https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?).

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”