ChiefWiggum

Postby ChiefWiggum » Mon May 23, 2005 10:13 am

Hi -

I'm evaluating Awasu as my first foray into RSS...impressed so far, but I'm having a problem viewing Reuters feeds. They keep on generating Internet Explorer Script Errors, e.g.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... nologyNews

I can view these pages on my system through Explorer on its own with no problem. I tried searching this forum for a solution but came up blank - none of the Awasu options seem to be relevant either. Can you help please? Or point me to a thread which covers this?

Thanks!

Pete
- -

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon May 23, 2005 10:36 am

I was able to open this page in Awasu without any errors. What is the URL of the feed itself?

Awasu uses the same underlying browser engine as IE but there are options that are IE-specific and are not implemented by the browser engine. "Ignore script errors" might be one of them.

joec

Postby joec » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:29 am

ChiefWiggum wrote:Hi -

I'm evaluating Awasu as my first foray into RSS...impressed so far, but I'm having a problem viewing Reuters feeds. They keep on generating Internet Explorer Script Errors, e.g.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... nologyNews

I can view these pages on my system through Explorer on its own with no problem. I tried searching this forum for a solution but came up blank - none of the Awasu options seem to be relevant either. Can you help please? Or point me to a thread which covers this?

Thanks!

Pete
- -

Are you running any personal firewall or proxy applications? I run AdSubtract and when I view the page in IE the content is blocked silently in the background by AdSubtract. When I view the page in Awasu, I get several script errors on the page when ads and things are being blocked.

I've just learned to live with this rather than disable AdSubtract.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:52 pm

ChiefWiggum wrote:I'm having a problem viewing Reuters feeds. They keep on generating Internet Explorer Script Errors

BTW, we'll be adding an option soon to strip JavaScript and other stuff from feed content so this problem will just go away then.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”