joec

Postby joec » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:08 pm

I understand why Awasu uses IE as it's internal browser but would it be possible to add a menu item so when I right click on a feed item instead of "open in a new window" pas the task to IE - I could tell Awasu which browser I want in a configuration setting and have it open in that program?

I really like Opera but it is not my defalt browser in windows for other reasons so even telling Awasu to use the default windows browser wouldn't do what I need.

An open with Opera choice would be great. My email program has this capability. I tell it where the executeable is and when I pick launch from a pop up menu for an attachment, it knows which program to hand it off to.

On the other hand, not being a programmer, if this would be too much work for the added value - I understand how that can be too.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:20 pm

I think you've already seen that Awasu adds an "Open in default browser" option to the right-click menu in the embedded IE browser windows. This simply kicks off some JavaScript in the IeOpenInDefaultBrowser.template file in the Resources/IE templates sub-directory. I can't think offhand how to do it but I'm pretty sure you can tweak this to start Opera instead.

markmorgan

Postby markmorgan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:56 pm

I'd like to see a configuration option that allowed a double-click on the feed item title in the list to launch the open in default browser rather than showing it in the viewing pane.

Also I'd like to see an option that had the single click on an item show you the contents of the RSS feed item in the viewing pane rather than the website page from the link. Blogs such as Radio have one page per day with bookmarks for the posts on the page, so clicking one of these links loads the enitre day's posts and all of the adverts etc on the site into the viewing pane.

Mark.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:03 pm

markmorgan wrote:I'd like to see a configuration option that allowed a double-click on the feed item title in the list to launch the open in default browser rather than showing it in the viewing pane.

Shift-Click will do this.

markmorgan wrote:Also I'd like to see an option that had the single click on an item show you the contents of the RSS feed item in the viewing pane rather than the website page from the link.

This is somewhat un-necessary since the contents of the RSS feed item are already being shown in the channel's browser window :-) Control-Click will take you directly to that item in the page.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”