rlmrdl

Postby rlmrdl » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:05 am

I've been doing lots of relearning lately and there are a couple of things that interrupt the workflow that I'd love to see different.

1. The first is that the Channel filters and reports and the workpads are kept under view, but to my way of thinking they are tools and should be under the tools menu.

2. Now that we have the folders view I'd like to see a folders work cascade similar to the new channel cascade that gets through the whole proces in one hit.

I'm finding it a bit time consuming to open the filter tool, create the filter, then open the report tool, find the filter and create the report.

So that I could (right) click on a folder and launch a wizard that lets me create a report for the folder that includes the filter creation and maybe even a metachannel if desired.

I'm still having trouble creating metachannels but I suspect that is me not following the instructions properly.[/b]

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:35 am

rlmrdl wrote:1. The first is that the Channel filters and reports and the workpads are kept under view, but to my way of thinking they are tools and should be under the tools menu.

The UI is currently in the process of being completely revamped and all these features are going to be changed from dialogs to docking windows. This means that you will be able to dock them in the main window (or leave them floating somewhere) and have instant access to them.

rlmrdl wrote:2. Now that we have the folders view I'd like to see a folders work cascade similar to the new channel cascade that gets through the whole proces in one hit.

I've been meaning to modify reports to just work off a folder which would eliminate the need to create a filter.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”