pooty

Postby pooty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:06 am

Ok, this might be a really silly question but I have to make sure before I place the order. I downloaded the personal trial version using Windows 7 and after poking around for awhile it didn't take long for me to realize that this is the program for me.

However, I am stumbled by this:

"Purchasing the Advanced Edition also includes 12 months of free upgrades....This software requires Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista."

Does this mean that Windows 7 is not supported in the advanced addition? I know that doesn't make sense but I've had this problem before. So before making the purchase and having to go through the whole refund process I just want to clarify that the Advanced Edition is compatible with Window 7.

The free addition is awesome, but I would love to have a few extra features.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:51 pm

pooty wrote:Does this mean that Windows 7 is not supported in the advanced addition?

Windows 7 is supported across the board.

This is my bad. The last general release (2.4) came out before Windows 7 was released and I never got around to going back to update that page :oops: We're about to release 3.0 (which you will get as a free upgrade) and it will be updated then.

pooty wrote:The free addition is awesome, but I would love to have a few extra features.

Let us know what you'd like to see - new features are more often than not driven by user request :whip:

pooty

Postby pooty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Ok, cool, thanks for the clarification.

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

I've been running Awasu Pro on Windows XP for a couple of years and never had any real problems. There's been an occasional crash once in a while, but I always just restart Awasu and I'm back where I left off. Never a corrupted database or index that caused me to loose any data.

For 6 months now, I've been running Awasu Pro in portable mode on a Windows 7 laptop and it's been even more stable. I don't think I've ever had a problem.
::-): :D ::-):

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”