rkcup1

Postby rkcup1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:14 am

Hi, I downloaded the professional trial copy and have 28 days to figure out if this will work. I'm analyzing the software for our website and trying to figure out how to efficiently.
1. Group news by a Subject (like all articles containing the word "McDonalds")
2. How to create multiple groupings without having to create a channel for each one manually.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 am

rkcup1 wrote:1. Group news by a Subject (like all articles containing the word "McDonalds")

The easiest way is probably to set up a search channel to monitor Awasu's archived content for whatever you're interested in.

rkcup1 wrote:2. How to create multiple groupings without having to create a channel for each one manually.

What do you mean by "multiple groupings"? You could take your search channels and put them all into one folder, especially since you can then generate a report based on the channels in that folder.

rkcup1

Postby rkcup1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:51 am

I want to create a channel for each business I want to follow and there are about 1000 businesses that I'm trying to follow. So, is there an efficient way to create multiple channels? I have an excel spreadsheet with a list of 1000 businesses and I'm looking for the easiet way to create channels for each of the 1000 businesses.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 am

rkcup1 wrote:I have an excel spreadsheet with a list of 1000 businesses and I'm looking for the easiet way to create channels for each of the 1000 businesses.

If you can program a bit, it's very easy to do. Configuration for each channel is stored in a simple text file so you would need to create a file for each search term in the appropriate form e.g.

Code: Select all

[Search Channel Config]
QueryString=...

restart Awasu, and all your channels will be there.

There's also an API to create channels.

Or you can engage our consulting division (me with a different hat on :-)) and we can set it up for you.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”