murdoch

Postby murdoch » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Hello,
I just bought a copy of pro after exhausting the trial period. I've got the key and download link, but is there any way I can just enter the key without reinstalling? I don't want to lose all my channels and workpads.

Great software, btw!

Thanks in advance for any help.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 pm

murdoch wrote:is there any way I can just enter the key without reinstalling? I don't want to lose all my channels and workpads.

If you run the new installer, it will upgrade your software but leave all your channels and settings in place.

All versions of the software will do this, even if you're downgrading to a version that has fewer features, Awasu will try to handle it sensibly.

murdoch

Postby murdoch » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Awesome!
Thanks for the quick response

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:22 am

murdoch, welcome to the Awasu Pro club.

murdoch wrote:Great software, btw!

Yes it it, couldn't agree more!

This may not sound like an endorsement at first but keep reading...

My desktop Awasu installation just had a problem where it wouldn't start, I just had a big white area within Awasu's window frame. Even after a reboot, I had the same problem, so I ran the "Awasu Administration" utility. I Optimized the archive database and Rebuilt the search index and Awasu started up quickly with no loss of data.

In fact after 2.5 years of running Awasu nearly everyday, with a few freeezes and crashes (usually Internet Explorer related), I've never had a corrupted database or data file... never a loss of data. ::-):

Everytime Awasu had crashed, except for yesterday, I simply had to restart Awasu and I was up and running again.

It's solid, it's powerful, it's flexible, and amazingly, it's extensible. :D

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”