salman

Postby salman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:40 pm

hello everyone,
i have been using the download for offline reading option of Awasu for a few months now........
but i have a problem now, i dont know how to view my downloaded content.
i found a downloaded files pane, but there is nothing in it :(

any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 pm

You're talking about two different things.

The Downloaded Files window shows enclosures Awasu has downloaded for you, which are like attachments for feed items, (typically podcasts).

Download for offline reading means that Awasu will download content for you so that you can still read it even when you're offline. There are two parts to this.

For pictures, you can turn this on in the Advanced tab of the Program Options (Download embedded feed item images for reading offline). Once this has been turned on, it will work transparently - if you're offline, Awasu will show pictures that are part of each feed item, instead of the usual "broken link" image.

Awasu can also download linked-to feed items - this can be turned for each individual channel in the Advanced tab of the channel's Properties dialog (Download feed items for reading offline). In this case, if you're offline and Awasu has already downloaded the content, a special icon will appear next to the item's title, and if you click through to the web page, Awasu will show you the downloaded content, instead of complaining about not being able to connect to the server.

salman

Postby salman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:52 pm

thank you very much for the reply.
the thing is i have activated download for offline reading including the image option too, my archive database report shows i have 4468 downloaded feed items downloaded on 14 channels.
the things is when traversing each channel it only shows me recent feed items even after choosing the "all items" on the format option.
so i was wondering if there was anyway i could see all the downloaded feed items somehow............... please help.

thanks again

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:20 pm

salman wrote:it only shows me recent feed items even after choosing the "all items" on the format option.

There are 2 filters that control which feed items get shown for a channel: All/Unread/New, which you've already found, but underneath these in the Format menu is another set of filters - you can set the number of items to show, or control by time e.g all items from the last 2 weeks.

salman wrote:so i was wondering if there was anyway i could see all the downloaded feed items

Awasu doesn't do this, since this is not how most people would work. They will look at a story, think "I want to read that", then click on it. Most people don't need to know "what are all the stories Awasu has downloaded."

IIRC, you were wanting to use Awasu to download and archive content. Using the "download for offline reading" feature is probably not the way to go, since the format in which stories are downloaded (MHT) is not particularly useful for further analysis.

You said you were having trouble setting up the MySQL plugin (which probably is the way to go) - shoot me an email and we can talk about getting you set up.

salman

Postby salman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 am

thank you so much......... can i please have your email address?
thanks again

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”