At the last time I think about making small server for Awasu. Free webservers with Python support are too limited with external websites access. I want flexibility with installing another modules too. The best option is buy cluster time and CPU power, but is out of my range. I think about something different. Expectantions:
- it's not a huge price - it's under 300 US dolars, but the best option is around price Rasberry PI
- it has enough CPU power to make calculation in reasonable time
- it has GBit Ethernet onbuild
- it has not HDMI, camera and multimedia extensions and etc.
- it has minimum 2GB RAM, but more is the best option
- it has posibility fast read and write data on disk / flash card
- it is small that I can get it with my laptop in laptop bag
- it is a power efficient and it is under 50W, the best option is few WATs only.How it should works?
It is a simply text system (for install python). On it is runned asbolute minimum like chipset drivers, controllers for I/O etc to best performance. On this small server is installed Python. Machine has two modules:
Search Bot - it's getting information from Internet and make text processing on them fx. make summary of pages, count frequencies of words etc.
Web Server - it is out API to connection with Awasu. Awasu get data as RSS, or when I run my scripts on laptop I can mix data from Awasu and from Search Bot by web API call.
All this stuff have to be coded in Python (because I start like it a more and after communication with Awasu Support this languange is more inpiring me than others
At the summary I'm looking minimal OS with platform to run python 3 without other applications and GUI to best performance. Hardware can save few gigabytes dictionarys and use them in reasonable time. Hard drive space 16-32 GB is max here. Idea is that this machine is running 24/7 and getting data and process them, but when API call it is a stop and return processed data. When I go out I can plug in a switch and use in another place.
I hoped I wrote clear here what I am looking for.
Could you some one suggested me any soultion here?