Ross Campbell

Postby Ross Campbell » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:39 pm

I've set up my default times to check for channel updates to be easy on other people's servers, but every now and then, I really would like to force an update of all channels at once, insted of going down and updating channels individually.

I could see this being under /edit/Update ALL channels NOW/ menu

I'm sure others would like this, too.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:13 am

Ross Campbell wrote:I really would like to force an update of all channels at once, insted of going down and updating channels individually.

I'm sure others would like this, too.

:-) More than a few people have asked for this.

The Advanced Edition will be released at the end of the month and will allow channels to be updated once every 30 minutes. And the Professional Edition will be out Q3 this year and will allow updates every 5 minutes.

David

Postby David » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:10 pm

Based on your reply, this often requested feature is NOT going to be implemented! Even if you allowed updates every 30 seconds, that wouldn't solve the following situation:

a) I've got X channels setup, with varying update frequencies.

b) I sit down at my computer and say to myself, "I want to see EVERYTHING that is new in ALL my channels RIGHT NOW!".

What we (and apparently lots of othres) want is a Control+U (Update Now), but for ALL channels as in Shift+Control+U (Update ALL Now).

To be honest, the lack of this simple feature is enough to make me keep looking for other products, even though this is a VERY slick one otherwise!

Thanks for listening...

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”